Are you a Plater/ Welder interested in relocating to a country offering a good standard of living? If so, our client based in Alberta, Canada, has long term opportunities for skilled tradespeople with Structural Steel experience.
Positions will suit individuals or those with families who have a strong desire to relocate to Canada on a permanent basis. A minimum commitment of two years is required. On offer is stability and continuity of work with an established and reputable structural steel fabrication company based in one of Alberta’s major cities. Rates start at $30 CAD per hour with overtime also available. Foreman positions also exist for those with supervision experience. Initial accommodation will be provided to allow time to settle into the area. Successful applicants will be employed directly by our client who will ensure you are welcomed into your new role and given the support required to make a success of your new life abroad.
MCK Global assists skilled personnel from Europe to benefit from employment opportunities available in the growing Canadian economy where your skills are respected and in demand. Prospects for a rewarding career exist for those with a positive attitude and work ethic. For further information please send your CV in the first instance.
Salary: $30 per hour starting
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: May 2014
For consideration, please send your CV and cover letter in the first instance to: email@example.com
MCK Global are recruiting an Estimator for a leading Structural Steel fabrication and erection company based in Alberta, Canada. The position will suit individuals or those with families who are interested in relocating to Alberta on a permanent basis. Successful candidates will have extensive estimating experience in the structural steel sector.
Specifically the role will involve:
- Prepare detailed estimates for labour, equipment and materials for drafting, fabrication and construction of steel components based on customer drawings, specifications and direction
- Advise on tendering procedures, examine and analyse tenders, recommend tender awards and conduct negotiations
- Maintain and improve cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
- Establish strong customer relations through periodic visits and post tender follow up
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Microsoft Project
- High attention to detail with the ability to work independently
- Strong organizational and communication skills
Our client offers a competitive starting wage with a comprehensive benefit package, and pension plan. Starting salary will be dependant upon experience but will be in the range of $65k CAD and $80k CAD per annum. Initial accommodation and flights will be provided. On offer is the opportunity of steady employment and career progression with a reputable company who will do their utmost to ensure your relocation is a success.
MCK Global assist skilled personnel from Europe to benefit from the growing Canadian economy. For further information please send your CV in the first instance.
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: June 2014