MCK Global are recruiting an Estimator for a leading Structural Steel fabrication and erection company based in Alberta, Canada. The position will suit individuals or those with families who are interested in relocating to Alberta on a permanent basis. Successful candidates will have extensive estimating experience in the structural steel sector.
Specifically the role will involve:
- Prepare detailed estimates for labour, equipment and materials for drafting, fabrication and construction of steel components based on customer drawings, specifications and direction
- Advise on tendering procedures, examine and analyse tenders, recommend tender awards and conduct negotiations
- Maintain and improve cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
- Establish strong customer relations through periodic visits and post tender follow up
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Microsoft Project
- High attention to detail with the ability to work independently
- Strong organizational and communication skills
Our client offers a competitive starting wage with a comprehensive benefit package, and pension plan. Starting salary will be dependant upon experience but will be in the range of $65k CAD and $80k CAD per annum. Initial accommodation and flights will be provided. On offer is the opportunity of steady employment and career progression with a reputable company who will do their utmost to ensure your relocation is a success.
MCK Global assist skilled personnel from Europe to benefit from the growing Canadian economy. For further information please send your CV in the first instance.
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: June 2014